I am really into knowing more about this guy recently, but here is a video that I stumbled by on YouTube.
In here he is taking about smart, rather than speed reading. He proposed the following:
- Reading 150 books a year, divided into the following :
1. health: known about yourself and your body.
2. Wealth: money and finance.
3. Relationships: love and other social stuff.
4. Happiness: as well as other charterer traits
- Repetition rather than volume ( read and re-read)
– also value over volume. He said that you can read fiction if you want but don’t count this as reading ( ouch!)
- All great leaders are readers. A good example is Bill Gates own page is more or less a blog with his favorite readings ( also known I am thinking of the brilliant Oprah as another good example). Gotta check more great leaders recommendations
Ok, so here is what I am reading in 2018 and I will try to put it in the categories that he suggested.
Current status 2/150 ( counting only the non-fiction or what he called a meaningful fiction books)
* Grey indicates books to-be-read
- Thinner, Leaner, Stronger ( currently reading)
- wheat belly ( This is from Tai’s list)
- 10 reasons you feel old and fat ( also from Tai’s list)
1. Retire Inspired – Chris Hogan
2. The total money makeover
- Our Best Life Together
- How to win friends and influence people
1. The art of exceptional living – Jim Rohn – DONE
2. Born to win – Currently Reading
3. See you at the top
4. Awaken the giant within
Wow, when truth is evident! It’s shocking !
Interesting how most books are in the ” Happiness ” category followed by Finance .. Need to step up the game guys .. need to step up the game!
I will have to add at least one book in health and one book in the relationship category.
Good that the year is at it’s start .. I will have lots of work to do.. let me know if you would like to join me in this challenge